1 hour Neill Doran & Des O’Neill – OmniPro
All accountants are required to perform their duty in an ethical fashion in accordance with their governing institute guidelines and those guidelines are derived from the IESBA Code of Ethics. This webinar is to address the update introduced by the 2016 Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accounts as issued by the International Ethics Standard Board for Accountants (“IESBA). This new guidance is effective from 15 July 2017.
This webinar focuses on the requirements of the Code to a professional accountant in Public Practice and should not solely be considered by individual accountants but by practicing firms as well. It will:
- Break down the General Requirements of the 2016 Handbook of the code of Ethics for Professional Accountants Part A
- Key fundamental Principles
- Ethics for the Professional Accountant in General Practice -Part B
- Key situations in practice and application of the concepts of the Code
- Ethics for the Professional Accountant in Audit
- The IAASA Ethical Standard including a quick summary of the new Irish Auditing Framework
- Section 290 of the Code of Ethics being the go-to requirements for accountants in audit
Handouts will include:
- An IAASA Ethical Standard Quick Guide & An Omnipro Summary of the 2016 Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accounts
Can’t Attend? No Problem!
Should you be unable to attend the live webinar on 14 December, you can pre-book the online version of this webinar here. You will be notified when the online version has become available in your account.
Neill Doran: Practice Support
The newest member of Omnipro’s Practice Support team, Neil brings on board 12 years of accountancy experience, including IFRS and FRS 100-102 financial reporting for small subsidiaries and charities right through to large listed entities in Ireland and the UK. He is currently analysing the new auditing standards requirements for OmniPro’s online information products, CPD events and the creation of our micro-entity audit work programme for ARC – the Accountant’s Resource Centre.
Des O’Neill – Co-Founder and Managing Director, OmniPro
Having worked for a number of years in practice, Des O’Neill co-founded OmniPro to develop tools, techniques, products and services, empowering accountants to achieve their best. Over 15 years, he has grown the company to a multi-million-euro turnover business and established OmniPro as Ireland’s largest independent provider of CPD for accountants.
Des speaks regularly, at national and international fora, on practice development, auditing, accounting, company law and regulation. He is passionate about bringing innovation to the profession and empowering accountants to achieve what they want in their careers and practice.