1 hour John Murphy – OmniPro
This webinar provides in-depth coverage – Section 11, basic financial instruments and related party disclosures under FRS102
Why you should attend
This is a critically important section of FRS 102 for SME accountants, given that financial instruments, as defined under section 11, impact on the majority of financial statements.
How you will benefit
This webinar is relevant to any accountant working with SME companies, preparing accounts under FRS 102.
We will work, step by step, through practical examples of how to account for items under Section 11, FRS 102, and the debits and credits and journal entries required to adjust the nominal ledger for presentation in the financial statements.
Specific areas of focus will include
- Related party disclosures under FRS102 – Protocol examples;
- FRS 102, Section 11 – Overview of the basic financial instruments and classification considerations
- The practical application of the amortised cost model for loans and transactions, not at arm’s length, under Section 11
- Fair value of investments under FRS 102
- Presentation and note disclosures in relation to basic financial instruments
- FRS 102, Section 12 – the crossover and implications of basic financial instruments becoming complex financial instruments
Can’t Attend? No Problem!
Should you be unable to attend the live webinar on 19 August, you can pre-book the online version of this webinar here. You will be notified when the online version has become available in your account.
John Murphy: Head of Tax & Legal, OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.
A Chartered Accountant and Qualified Financial Adviser, John has over a decade’s Big 4 experience with EY and PwC, providing tax and audit services for a portfolio of clients, ranging in scale from SMEs to multinationals.