1 hour John Murphy – OmniPro
This online CPD course will look at some of the common tax errors and reminders that the presenter believes should be highlighted in the following tax areas:
- Retirement relief, entrepreneurial relief, share buyback and business asset relief.
- Participation relief applies;
- Trying to secure relief from the close company surcharge and the importance of timing;
- Agricultural relief;
- Looking at the wholly or mainly test;
- Stamp duty on sale of shares with property in the company;
- Different values for different taxes;
- Dividend withholding tax and ensuring there is no exposure;
- How to claim share for share/undertaking reliefs practically;
- CGT losses – where there may be restrictions;
- Stamp duty and the importance of wording in a share buyback contract;
- CG50 requirements;
- Some reminders on vat on property;
- Conversion of directors loans to shares.
This course will be relevant to all practitioners that provide tax advice under various taxes.
CPD Course Facilitators:
John Murphy: Tax, Corporate Restructuring and Practice Support – OmniPro
As a lead member of our technical support team, John relishes problem-solving to help accountants develop innovative client solutions and sharing technical knowledge on tax, financial reporting and auditing.
A Chartered Tax Adviser, he advises clients in practice on a range of issues from income tax, tax planning, restructuring and exit planning to Revenue audits. In addition, he provides support on financial reporting, auditing and company law; conducts company valuations and advises on pre-sale restructuring.
John also plays a key role as a researcher and subject-matter expert in developing OmniPro information products such as the CompaniesAct2014.com and FRS102.com. As a speaker at OmniPro CPD events, he brings these industry-leading insights to accountants participating in our training programmes.
Yvonne O’Sullivan, Tax – OmniPro