1 hour Paul Murphy, MJ Kelly & Co
A Revenue audit or aspect query is the main area of interaction between clients and Revenue officials. As accountants and tax practitioners we are the normally required to act on behalf of our clients with Revenue. This course is designed to walk through the main areas of a Revenue audit in order that we are equipped to act on behalf of our clients in what is normally a very stressful time for them.
Areas covered include:
- Current areas of Revenue focus
- Actions to take when the audit notification is received
- Reviewing client records in advance of an audit
- Review of areas that the auditor will focus on
- Preparing a disclosure for Revenue
- Possible penalty mitigation for issues arising from the audit
- Dealing with non-audit “aspect query” interventions
Feedback from previous participants
“Good informative course on current topics and technical issues.”
Paul Murphy – Martin J Kelly & Co
Paul Murphy is a taxation consultant and management accountant for Martin J. Kelly & Co. He is a corporation tax lecturer for the Irish Taxation Institute and is an Associate of both the Irish Taxation Institute and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. He is a co-author of the Irish Taxation Institute’s annual publication, Irish Taxation Law and Practice.